Prompt 2 Release Notes
You can find the latest version of Prompt on the App Store:
- January 16, 2019
- Various SSH library improvements
- Keyboard is no longer dismissed on iPad after inserting a clip in the terminal
- Terminal prompt is no longer obscured after switching tabs when using an external keyboard on iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- December 5, 2018
- Added support for the iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro (3rd Generation) screen sizes
- September 13, 2018
- Fixed a potential crash when connecting on devices running iOS 12
- May 1, 2018
- Miscellaneous fixes to our core SSH library
- Fixed an issue where connecting to servers via 3D Touch did not work if the app was not secured with Touch ID or passcode
- January 26, 2018
- Fixed an issue where large amounts of server output could cause the terminal to hang
- January 3, 2018
- Added support for the chacha20-poly1305 cipher
- Fixed an issue that could prevent password authentication from working on certain server types including OpenBSD.
- December 14, 2017
This release adds the ability to hide the keyboard and fixes some other issues. Here’s the details:
- Added a hide keyboard button to the tab bar
- Added support for some previously unsupported two-factor authentication configurations
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Quick Connect entry to be badged when no connection was active
- Fixed a crash that could happen after returning to terminal view from the Servers list
- Resolved the Copy/Paste menu disappearing when sessions in other tabs update
- Fixed an issue where the system status bar could draw over Prompt’s navigation bar in some cases
- Fixed an problem where the buffer could be drawn behind accessory row on some devices
- December 5, 2017
This release improves iPhone X support and fixes some nice bugs. Here’s the full list:
- Smart punctuation is not disabled when editing/creating clips
- iPhone X: Rotating device can cause cursor placement issues in terminal view
- Running ssh-add with Ed25519 or RSA keys can cause crash
- iPhone X: Home bar can overlap accessory row when BT keyboard is connected
- Switching tabs can cause prompt to be obscured by keyboard
- Page Up/Page Down support on external keyboards
- November 7, 2017
- iPhone X support!
- Added the ability to hide the tab bar on iPhone Plus in landscape orientation
- Improved the design of our keyboard accessory row on all devices
- Added support for Face ID authentication
- Panic Sync: Entering an invalid two factor code now automatically re-prompts for another one
- Panic Sync: fixed a crash that could occur when using “Replace All Data On This Device” sync type
- Resolved an issue on some devices where creating a new site with search field focused could cause Prompt to crash
- Overflowing key passphrase field no longer causes visual issues with 1Password icon
- Fixed a crash when creating a new ‘server’ clip for a Shared Server
- Fixed a crash that could happen after disconnecting from a Server from a filtered search
- September 19, 2017
- Added optional “Smart Punctuation” support in Keyboard settings
- Added support for Ed25519 keys for both host key verification and client key exchange
- Added support for importing and connecting with keys generated using the OpenSSH format
- Panic Sync: Added 2FA support for sync accounts
- Panic Sync: Added fine-grained control for merging Panic Sync data
- Panic Sync: Added support for resetting repositories directly from Prompt
- Various UI fixes to improve compatibility with iOS 11
- Fixed an issue where backgrounding the app while in a folder or while editing a server caused the app to incorrectly return to the root servers view.
- Fixed an issue with the prompt-favorite:// URL scheme when Touch ID was enabled for Prompt authentication.
- Fixed an issue where system permission alerts on first launch could interfere with opening the app via a URL scheme.
- Fixed an issue where notifications about expiring sessions could be displayed even after the app was force quit.
- Nov 07, 2016
Note — This will be the final version of Prompt 2 to support iOS 9. Future updates will require iOS 10.3 or later.
- Added the ability to remove all Prompt-related data without reinstalling the app
- Resolved a problem where text color could be displayed incorrectly in extensions
- Fixed an issue where software arrow keys did not update with theme color change
- Oct 10, 2016
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Powerline glyphs from being displayed
- Oct 06, 2016
- Added Powerline support for Panic Sans and Courier font types
- Updated the ‘prompt-favorite’ URL scheme to support iOS 10
- Copy Private Key button is now labeled correctly
- Global clips menu displays correct names on devices running iOS 9
- Tab titles are no longer truncated unnecessarily on iPad
- Resolved an issue where key generation could not be cancelled
- Additional key-related UI improvements
- Sep 13, 2016
- Added Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts for Page Up and Page Down (Option + Up/Down arrow)
- Fixed an issue where background text color could incorrectly extend to the line below
- Fixed an issue where the two-factor authentication prompt was not displayed for some server configurations
- Fixed an issue where bold fonts were not properly displayed in some cases
- Miscellaneous bug fixes, mostly related to 1Password integration and URL schemes
- Jun 24, 2016
- Resolved an issue that could prevent password authentication
- Jun 20, 2016
- Resolved an issue that could prevent password authentication
- May 26, 2016
- Resetting autocomplete from settings now works as expected.
- Fixed an issue where autocomplete entries were not saved across app updates.
- The autocomplete dictionary is now properly updated when a session is terminated with the eject button.
- Improved handling of synced Server passwords and SSH keys when restoring from an unencrypted iOS backup.
- The terminal view is no longer shortened after invoking the clips, 1Password, or settings menu in the terminal.
TERM_PROGRAMenvironment variable is now set properly for all sessions.
- Mar 15, 2016
- Added six-digit passcode support
- Added a new monospaced Japanese font (Migu 2M) for better Japanese character support
- The “Extra Keyboard Row” setting now only affects external keyboards.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the terminal being obscured by the software keyboard.
- Resolved an issue with switching languages using an external keyboard.
- Fixed a problem when launching Prompt using URL schemes.
- Resolved an issue with using Japanese keyboards in the terminal.
- Crash fixes, of course.
- Feb 24, 2016
- Improved visual transparency of the terminal cursor
- Improved VoiceOver support for the accessory keyboard
- Fixed an issue where certain server configurations resulted in a two-factor alert instead of a standard password input
- Fixed an issue where selecting text in the terminal could cause the servers list to appear
- Fixed an issue where backgrounding Prompt with the two-factor alert showing could cause a crash
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the navigation bar to disappear on iPad
- Fixed an issue where launching Prompt in split view after backgrounding and rotating could cause a crash
- Fixed an issue where the passcode lock could be bypassed in some cases
- Several other small bug and crash fixes
- Feb 16, 2016
- Open multiple connections to the same favorite server
- Tabs! Quickly and easily navigate between open sessions on both iPhone and iPad
- 3D Touch: Instantly connect to your three most recent servers by 3D Touching the Prompt home screen icon
- Spotlight Search: Search for Prompt favorites, then open a new connection with just one tap
- New accessory keys palette gives you instant access to every key you need to send commands with ease
- Terminal: Choose from four different fonts
- Improved SSH key management: Passphrases are now associated directly with keys themselves. No more entering passphrases for every server!
- Themes: Mix-and-match app themes and terminal themes. Light, Dark or both at the same time — it’s up to you!
- Improved iPhone 6+ support with better layout in landscape
- ECDSA is now supported for both server and client authentication (256, 384 and 521 bits)
- Quickly access all active sessions from the Servers list on iPhone, just a tap away
- Generate 256-, 384- and 521-bit ECDSA keys right in Prompt
- Prompt is now more colorful!
We’ve improved so much it won’t all fit here. Learn more at https://library.panic.com/prompt/prompt2-5/
- Aug 14, 2015
- Running ‘top’ on a remote Mac no longer causes inappropriate scrolling and line duplication
- Jul 06, 2015
- We added more font sizes to the terminal! Yes, you can now select any size between 7pt and 24pt font for the text in your terminal
- Added support for Encrypt-then-MAC (EtM) HMACs for improved security.
- Added a setting to hide the accessory keyboard row on iPhone if a Bluetooth keyboard is connected.
- The rate at which keys auto-repeat on a bluetooth keyboard is now faster.
- Modifier keys on a Bluetooth keyboard now autorepeat even when the Autocomplete setting is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor sometimes disappeared while using vim inside of Screen.
- Fixed an issue with inverted colors in nano.
- Backgrounding Prompt and locking the device no longer causes modifier keys on a Bluetooth keyboard to stop working after returning to Prompt.
- Text in the 1Password extension no longer appears invisible when launched from Prompt’s Dark theme.
- The host key fingerprint dialog now indicates the proper key type instead of always reading RSA.
- Using the terminal type ‘xterm-color’ no longer causes the bottom status area in Emacs no longer becomes shorter with Page Up/Down.
- Mar 26, 2015
- Added a setting for each favorited server with the server’s RSA host key fingerprint value and the ability to “forget” it so a warning is displayed on the next connection.
- Added strict host key checking so an alert is shown with the RSA host key fingerprint on the first connection to a server. PLEASE NOTE: You will receive this alert on your first connection to a server in 2.1.1, even if you’ve connected to this server on a previous version of Prompt.
- Added support for Powerline fonts
- Added a Bluetooth keyboard shortcut (Cmd+K) to clear the scrollback
- Added support for swipe-to-select to the accessory keys section switch popover
- Accessory keys now remember most recently selected section on iPhone
- Fixed an issue where certain two-factor authentication configurations did not connect
- Fixed an issue where ‘Ask for password’ authentications failed when a backspace was entered with the password
- Fixed an issue where the setting to hide the accessory row when bluetooth keyboards were connected did not take effect in certain circumstances
- Fixed wrapped URLs in irssi
- Fixed an issue where pasting (Cmd+V) with a bluetooth keyboard entered the text into the terminal twice
- Mar 05, 2015
- Added 1Password action extension support.
- Added support for server favicons.
- Added support for PowerLine fonts.
- Added diffie_hellman_group_exchange_sha256 key exchange algorithm.
- Added support for two-factor server authentication with public key authentication.
- Added clear scrollback and forward delete buttons to the terminal keyboard.
- Added a prompt-favorite://
url scheme so a server in the favorites list can be opened using its nickname.
- Added support for the Copy and Paste keys on the iPhone 6+ keyboard.
- The accessory keys row can be hidden if a Bluetooth keyboard is connected.
- On iPhone, a left-to-right swipe from the edge of the terminal now returns you to the server list. Right-to-left swipes from the edge of the terminal now cycle through currently open connections.
- Fixed layout issues associated with having emojis and other Unicode characters in the prompt string.
- Fixed an issue where extra newlines were printed when using tmux and irssi.
- Fixed a drawing issue that caused the status line to get truncated when scrolling in emacs.
- Fixed an issue where paging up in ‘less’ inserted lines into the scrollback buffer.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling left in htop caused header redraw issues.
- Fixed an issue where copying wrapped lines in the terminal inserted erroneous new lines characters.
- Fixed an issue where the text in the Small font size was clipped in the terminal.
- Fixed an issue where emoji broke text selection.
- Fixed an issue where some emoji could not be deleted from the terminal.
- Fixed an issue where some emoji didn’t remote echo on a server.
- Fixed an issue where wrapped URLs didn’t work in irssi.
- Fixed an issue where the settings menu was not tall enough in some localized versions of Prompt.
- Fixed an issue where URLs that were wrapped onto multiple lines in the terminal didn’t open properly in a browser.
- Fixed an issue where if text was set to blink, the entire rest of the line would also blink.
- Improved row spacing
- Improved the clear screen behavior
- Improved alternate screen behavior
- Improved scrollback behavior
- Fixed incorrect text wrapping in Alpine
- Fixed page up behavior in Nano
- Fixed numerous bugs when running Screens or TMUX
- Fixed issues with scrollback in Irssi
- Improved selection of Unicode text
- Improved performance
- New visual beep and audio beep
- Added support for an escaped octal sequence
- Fixed scrollbar thumb glyph not showing correctly in Finch
- Dragging while selecting text no longer will show the server list on iPad
- Added support for showing/hiding the cursor when an application requests it
- Fixed incorrect line wrapping in VI
- Improved backgrounding behavior. The app is now badged to indicate the number of server connections that are alive when Prompt goes into the background. A local notification will be displayed when those connections are 30 seconds from dying, giving the user the option to launch Prompt to keep them alive or kill them.
- Fixed a bug with agent forwarding not being able to access all available ssh keys.
- Fixed an issue where the server two factor authentication alert view got dismissed when the app entered the background.
- Fixed an issue where synced servers were not visible when using Panic Sync on multiple devices in different localizations.
- Fixed some crashes related to Panic Sync.
- Improved restoration of active terminal session when unlocking Prompt
- Localization improvements.
- Fixed an issue where
ssh://urls do not populate the quick connect field properly if passcode is enabled.
- Nov 17, 2014
- Long pressing the Sync Now button in Settings->Sync will now trigger a slow-sync, which will allow for a reset of user data in the cloud.
- Optimized keyboard accessory view for iPhone 6 and 6+.
- Improved iPad keyboard accessory keys so it is harder to accidentally trigger keys when attempting a swipe action. The iPad accessory keys can also now be swiped in addition to the area around the keys.
TERM_PROGRAMenvironment variable is now set to Prompt on login.
- Fixed some issues with incorrect line wrapping in vi, nano, emacs, midnight commander, etc. that were introduced in 2.0.2
- Fixed numerous Telnet issues including a bug where it was impossible to connect to a telnet server that required authentication.
- Fixed telnet local echo bug.
- Fixed some Sync related crashes.
- Fixed an issue where Prompt displayed special characters (vertical and horizontal lines, etc.) incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the iPad keyboard could become disabled after bringing up the Settings or Clips popovers.
- Fixed an issue where bringing up the Copy/Paste menu sent an arrow key command. This will resolve an issue with pasting a password into the terminal.
- Fixed an issue on the iPhone 6+ where the image on the page up key was the page down image.
- Fixed an issue where a bluetooth keyboard was not immediately connected when Prompt came out of the background.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard accessory keys jumped to a different group on iPad if the device was rotated slightly but the orientation did not change.
- Oct 29, 2014
- Added a settings option to trigger another import of data from Prompt 1
- Added a settings option to disallow custom keyboards in Prompt
- Added improved clips management in settings so you can edit clips for all servers without having to be connected.
- Added the ability to move a clip between global and server clips
- Panic Sync has been moved to Settings
- Panic Sync Settings view UI has been improved
- Fixed a crash involving multi-byte characters
- Fixed the swiping from left to go back behavior on iPhone outside of the terminal view
- Various localization fixes
- Minor emulation fixes
- Oct 18, 2014
- Added the ability to copy private keys
- Made a pretty “About Prompt” screen
- The list of keys is now sorted alphabetically by name
- Sync is now deauthorized after exceeding failed passcode limit
- Switch connection view to Quick Connect when active server deleted
- Fixed a possible crash when using Agent Forwarding
- Fixed an issue where the clear command triggered odd scrolling behavior
- Fixed an issue where updating a key name did not sync the new name
- Creating sync account with mismatched passwords now displays the appropriate error message
- Fixed the unreliable ‘Reset Autocomplete Data’ button on iPad
- Fixed a text rendering issue on embedded devices
- Fixed an issue where connecting in landscape and rotating to portrait subverted fullscreen
- Fixed an issue where rotating iPad to portrait after dismissing keyboard clips terminal area
- Fixed an issue where server created while logged out of sync was never synced
- Fixed an issue whereSoft F8 and F16 keyboards didn’t emit code on half of the buttons
- Fixed an issue where Sync locks server items
- Fixed an issue where swiping to switch connections led to a crash
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard disappeared after orientation change
- Fixed an issue where a white view could get pushed when connecting to invalid ip
- Fixed an issue where the new iphone 6 landscape arrow keys didn’t work
- Fixed an issue where Agent Forwarding didn’t use keys that weren’t associated with any server
- Fixed an issue where Panic Sync login view didn’t limit account passwords to 8 or more characters
- Disabled Connect button text color adjusted
- Made folder selection table grouped
- Moved “Done” Button in Settings to top right
- Fixed an issue where there was an all black screen after connecting and locking/unlocking
- Fixed an issue where iPhone 6+ Server Settings
- Fixed layout problems in Sync modal on iPhone 6 Plus landscape
- Fixed an issue where having your finger on the touch id button when launching the app caused the app to freeze if touch id was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where if the output was on last line, “clear” didn’t scroll
- Fixed an issue where swipe to delete was not enabled in the Keys table