Prompt 2 Release Notes
You can find the latest version of Prompt on the App Store:
- September 18, 2020
- Prompt now requires iOS 13 or later
- SSH keys can be imported directly from files stored on device
- Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro (Japanese) space bar now works properly
- Table row drag indicators are now visible in dark mode
- When deleting data after 10 failed passcode attempts, all tabs are now closed
- July 9, 2020
- VoiceOver will now read text added to the terminal
- iPad Pro: Terminal now resizes when hiding software keyboard
- Updated clipboard access API
- April 8, 2020
- Resolved a potential crash when deleting keys on iPad devices
- Other stability improvements
- March 16, 2020
- Fixed text legibility in key generation UI
- iPad: Servers list “Edit” button is now always displayed
- Improved visibility of status bar icons when using dark system appearance and light app theme
- iPhone: Extra keyboard row glyphs are now visible after switching to another app and then back again
- Fixed link to support email
- October 24, 2019
- Prompt’s new Connection Keeper feature lets you audit exactly when and where you’ve connected to your servers. It also helps keep your connections alive while Prompt is in the background. You can turn this feature on in “Settings > Connection Keeper”
- August 13, 2019
- Resolved an issue that prevented agent forwarding of OpenSSH key-types
- July 29, 2019
- Text can no longer be obscured by the SafeArea on iPad Pro devices when an external keyboard is connected
- Various SSH library improvements
Fixed for a future version of iOS
- Accessory Keys can once again be re-assigned
- Accessory Keys pop-over now remains visible after activating a key
- iPhone: Passcode overlay is no longer able to be hidden
- iPhone: Fixed an issue where after opening two concurrent URL schemes you cannot return to the servers list
- iPhone XR: Rotating device with nano active no longer results in segmentation fault
- iPad: Settings icon no longer disappears after relaunching app
- iPad: Fixed a crashing exception on launch
- Fixed an exception after generating a private key and returning to servers list
- Clip group names are no longer partially obscured in edit view
- Server list appearance now updates properly after changing app theme
- Fixed Global/Server clip switcher using light text on light background
- January 16, 2019
- Various SSH library improvements
- Keyboard is no longer dismissed on iPad after inserting a clip in the terminal
- Terminal prompt is no longer obscured after switching tabs when using an external keyboard on iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- December 5, 2018
- Added support for the iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro (3rd Generation) screen sizes
- September 13, 2018
- Fixed a potential crash when connecting on devices running iOS 12
- May 1, 2018
- Miscellaneous fixes to our core SSH library
- Fixed an issue where connecting to servers via 3D Touch did not work if the app was not secured with Touch ID or passcode
- January 26, 2018
- Fixed an issue where large amounts of server output could cause the terminal to hang
- January 3, 2018
- Added support for the chacha20-poly1305 cipher
- Fixed an issue that could prevent password authentication from working on certain server types including OpenBSD.
- December 14, 2017
This release adds the ability to hide the keyboard and fixes some other issues. Here’s the details:
- Added a hide keyboard button to the tab bar
- Added support for some previously unsupported two-factor authentication configurations
- Resolved an issue that could cause the Quick Connect entry to be badged when no connection was active
- Fixed a crash that could happen after returning to terminal view from the Servers list
- Resolved the Copy/Paste menu disappearing when sessions in other tabs update
- Fixed an issue where the system status bar could draw over Prompt’s navigation bar in some cases
- Fixed an problem where the buffer could be drawn behind accessory row on some devices
- December 5, 2017
This release improves iPhone X support and fixes some nice bugs. Here’s the full list:
- Smart punctuation is not disabled when editing/creating clips
- iPhone X: Rotating device can cause cursor placement issues in terminal view
- Running ssh-add with Ed25519 or RSA keys can cause crash
- iPhone X: Home bar can overlap accessory row when BT keyboard is connected
- Switching tabs can cause prompt to be obscured by keyboard
- Page Up/Page Down support on external keyboards
- November 7, 2017
- iPhone X support!
- Added the ability to hide the tab bar on iPhone Plus in landscape orientation
- Improved the design of our keyboard accessory row on all devices
- Added support for Face ID authentication
- Panic Sync: Entering an invalid two factor code now automatically re-prompts for another one
- Panic Sync: fixed a crash that could occur when using “Replace All Data On This Device” sync type
- Resolved an issue on some devices where creating a new site with search field focused could cause Prompt to crash
- Overflowing key passphrase field no longer causes visual issues with 1Password icon
- Fixed a crash when creating a new ‘server’ clip for a Shared Server
- Fixed a crash that could happen after disconnecting from a Server from a filtered search
- September 19, 2017
- Added optional “Smart Punctuation” support in Keyboard settings
- Added support for Ed25519 keys for both host key verification and client key exchange
- Added support for importing and connecting with keys generated using the OpenSSH format
- Panic Sync: Added 2FA support for sync accounts
- Panic Sync: Added fine-grained control for merging Panic Sync data
- Panic Sync: Added support for resetting repositories directly from Prompt
- Various UI fixes to improve compatibility with iOS 11
- Fixed an issue where backgrounding the app while in a folder or while editing a server caused the app to incorrectly return to the root servers view.
- Fixed an issue with the prompt-favorite:// URL scheme when Touch ID was enabled for Prompt authentication.
- Fixed an issue where system permission alerts on first launch could interfere with opening the app via a URL scheme.
- Fixed an issue where notifications about expiring sessions could be displayed even after the app was force quit.
- Nov 07, 2016
Note — This will be the final version of Prompt 2 to support iOS 9. Future updates will require iOS 10.3 or later.
- Added the ability to remove all Prompt-related data without reinstalling the app
- Resolved a problem where text color could be displayed incorrectly in extensions
- Fixed an issue where software arrow keys did not update with theme color change
- Oct 10, 2016
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Powerline glyphs from being displayed
- Oct 06, 2016
- Added Powerline support for Panic Sans and Courier font types
- Updated the ‘prompt-favorite’ URL scheme to support iOS 10
- Copy Private Key button is now labeled correctly
- Global clips menu displays correct names on devices running iOS 9
- Tab titles are no longer truncated unnecessarily on iPad
- Resolved an issue where key generation could not be cancelled
- Additional key-related UI improvements
- Sep 13, 2016
- Added Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts for Page Up and Page Down (Option + Up/Down arrow)
- Fixed an issue where background text color could incorrectly extend to the line below
- Fixed an issue where the two-factor authentication prompt was not displayed for some server configurations
- Fixed an issue where bold fonts were not properly displayed in some cases
- Miscellaneous bug fixes, mostly related to 1Password integration and URL schemes
- Jun 24, 2016
- Resolved an issue that could prevent password authentication
- Jun 20, 2016
- Resolved an issue that could prevent password authentication
- May 26, 2016
- Resetting autocomplete from settings now works as expected.
- Fixed an issue where autocomplete entries were not saved across app updates.
- The autocomplete dictionary is now properly updated when a session is terminated with the eject button.
- Improved handling of synced Server passwords and SSH keys when restoring from an unencrypted iOS backup.
- The terminal view is no longer shortened after invoking the clips, 1Password, or settings menu in the terminal.
TERM_PROGRAMenvironment variable is now set properly for all sessions.
- Mar 15, 2016
- Added six-digit passcode support
- Added a new monospaced Japanese font (Migu 2M) for better Japanese character support
- The “Extra Keyboard Row” setting now only affects external keyboards.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the terminal being obscured by the software keyboard.
- Resolved an issue with switching languages using an external keyboard.
- Fixed a problem when launching Prompt using URL schemes.
- Resolved an issue with using Japanese keyboards in the terminal.
- Crash fixes, of course.
- Feb 24, 2016
- Improved visual transparency of the terminal cursor
- Improved VoiceOver support for the accessory keyboard
- Fixed an issue where certain server configurations resulted in a two-factor alert instead of a standard password input
- Fixed an issue where selecting text in the terminal could cause the servers list to appear
- Fixed an issue where backgrounding Prompt with the two-factor alert showing could cause a crash
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the navigation bar to disappear on iPad
- Fixed an issue where launching Prompt in split view after backgrounding and rotating could cause a crash
- Fixed an issue where the passcode lock could be bypassed in some cases
- Several other small bug and crash fixes
- Feb 16, 2016
- Open multiple connections to the same favorite server
- Tabs! Quickly and easily navigate between open sessions on both iPhone and iPad
- 3D Touch: Instantly connect to your three most recent servers by 3D Touching the Prompt home screen icon
- Spotlight Search: Search for Prompt favorites, then open a new connection with just one tap
- New accessory keys palette gives you instant access to every key you need to send commands with ease
- Terminal: Choose from four different fonts
- Improved SSH key management: Passphrases are now associated directly with keys themselves. No more entering passphrases for every server!
- Themes: Mix-and-match app themes and terminal themes. Light, Dark or both at the same time — it’s up to you!
- Improved iPhone 6+ support with better layout in landscape
- ECDSA is now supported for both server and client authentication (256, 384 and 521 bits)
- Quickly access all active sessions from the Servers list on iPhone, just a tap away
- Generate 256-, 384- and 521-bit ECDSA keys right in Prompt
- Prompt is now more colorful!
We’ve improved so much it won’t all fit here. Learn more at https://library.panic.com/prompt/prompt2-5/
- Aug 14, 2015
- Running ‘top’ on a remote Mac no longer causes inappropriate scrolling and line duplication
- Jul 06, 2015
- We added more font sizes to the terminal! Yes, you can now select any size between 7pt and 24pt font for the text in your terminal
- Added support for Encrypt-then-MAC (EtM) HMACs for improved security.
- Added a setting to hide the accessory keyboard row on iPhone if a Bluetooth keyboard is connected.
- The rate at which keys auto-repeat on a bluetooth keyboard is now faster.
- Modifier keys on a Bluetooth keyboard now autorepeat even when the Autocomplete setting is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor sometimes disappeared while using vim inside of Screen.
- Fixed an issue with inverted colors in nano.
- Backgrounding Prompt and locking the device no longer causes modifier keys on a Bluetooth keyboard to stop working after returning to Prompt.
- Text in the 1Password extension no longer appears invisible when launched from Prompt’s Dark theme.
- The host key fingerprint dialog now indicates the proper key type instead of always reading RSA.
- Using the terminal type ‘xterm-color’ no longer causes the bottom status area in Emacs no longer becomes shorter with Page Up/Down.
- Mar 26, 2015
- Added a setting for each favorited server with the server’s RSA host key fingerprint value and the ability to “forget” it so a warning is displayed on the next connection.
- Added strict host key checking so an alert is shown with the RSA host key fingerprint on the first connection to a server. PLEASE NOTE: You will receive this alert on your first connection to a server in 2.1.1, even if you’ve connected to this server on a previous version of Prompt.
- Added support for Powerline fonts
- Added a Bluetooth keyboard shortcut (Cmd+K) to clear the scrollback
- Added support for swipe-to-select to the accessory keys section switch popover
- Accessory keys now remember most recently selected section on iPhone
- Fixed an issue where certain two-factor authentication configurations did not connect
- Fixed an issue where ‘Ask for password’ authentications failed when a backspace was entered with the password
- Fixed an issue where the setting to hide the accessory row when bluetooth keyboards were connected did not take effect in certain circumstances
- Fixed wrapped URLs in irssi
- Fixed an issue where pasting (Cmd+V) with a bluetooth keyboard entered the text into the terminal twice
- Mar 05, 2015
- Added 1Password action extension support.
- Added support for server favicons.
- Added support for PowerLine fonts.
- Added diffie_hellman_group_exchange_sha256 key exchange algorithm.
- Added support for two-factor server authentication with public key authentication.
- Added clear scrollback and forward delete buttons to the terminal keyboard.
- Added a prompt-favorite:// url scheme so a server in the favorites list can be opened using its nickname.
- Added support for the Copy and Paste keys on the iPhone 6+ keyboard.
- The accessory keys row can be hidden if a Bluetooth keyboard is connected.
- On iPhone, a left-to-right swipe from the edge of the terminal now returns you to the server list. Right-to-left swipes from the edge of the terminal now cycle through currently open connections.
- Fixed layout issues associated with having emojis and other Unicode characters in the prompt string.
- Fixed an issue where extra newlines were printed when using tmux and irssi.
- Fixed a drawing issue that caused the status line to get truncated when scrolling in emacs.
- Fixed an issue where paging up in ‘less’ inserted lines into the scrollback buffer.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling left in htop caused header redraw issues.
- Fixed an issue where copying wrapped lines in the terminal inserted erroneous new lines characters.
- Fixed an issue where the text in the Small font size was clipped in the terminal.
- Fixed an issue where emoji broke text selection.
- Fixed an issue where some emoji could not be deleted from the terminal.
- Fixed an issue where some emoji didn’t remote echo on a server.
- Fixed an issue where wrapped URLs didn’t work in irssi.
- Fixed an issue where the settings menu was not tall enough in some localized versions of Prompt.
- Fixed an issue where URLs that were wrapped onto multiple lines in the terminal didn’t open properly in a browser.
- Fixed an issue where if text was set to blink, the entire rest of the line would also blink.
- Improved row spacing
- Improved the clear screen behavior
- Improved alternate screen behavior
- Improved scrollback behavior
- Fixed incorrect text wrapping in Alpine
- Fixed page up behavior in Nano
- Fixed numerous bugs when running Screens or TMUX
- Fixed issues with scrollback in Irssi
- Improved selection of Unicode text
- Improved performance
- New visual beep and audio beep
- Added support for an escaped octal sequence
- Fixed scrollbar thumb glyph not showing correctly in Finch
- Dragging while selecting text no longer will show the server list on iPad
- Added support for showing/hiding the cursor when an application requests it
- Fixed incorrect line wrapping in VI
- Improved backgrounding behavior. The app is now badged to indicate the number of server connections that are alive when Prompt goes into the background. A local notification will be displayed when those connections are 30 seconds from dying, giving the user the option to launch Prompt to keep them alive or kill them.
- Fixed a bug with agent forwarding not being able to access all available ssh keys.
- Fixed an issue where the server two factor authentication alert view got dismissed when the app entered the background.
- Fixed an issue where synced servers were not visible when using Panic Sync on multiple devices in different localizations.
- Fixed some crashes related to Panic Sync.
- Improved restoration of active terminal session when unlocking Prompt
- Localization improvements.
- Fixed an issue where
ssh://urls do not populate the quick connect field properly if passcode is enabled.
- Nov 17, 2014
- Long pressing the Sync Now button in Settings->Sync will now trigger a slow-sync, which will allow for a reset of user data in the cloud.
- Optimized keyboard accessory view for iPhone 6 and 6+.
- Improved iPad keyboard accessory keys so it is harder to accidentally trigger keys when attempting a swipe action. The iPad accessory keys can also now be swiped in addition to the area around the keys.
TERM_PROGRAMenvironment variable is now set to Prompt on login.
- Fixed some issues with incorrect line wrapping in vi, nano, emacs, midnight commander, etc. that were introduced in 2.0.2
- Fixed numerous Telnet issues including a bug where it was impossible to connect to a telnet server that required authentication.
- Fixed telnet local echo bug.
- Fixed some Sync related crashes.
- Fixed an issue where Prompt displayed special characters (vertical and horizontal lines, etc.) incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the iPad keyboard could become disabled after bringing up the Settings or Clips popovers.
- Fixed an issue where bringing up the Copy/Paste menu sent an arrow key command. This will resolve an issue with pasting a password into the terminal.
- Fixed an issue on the iPhone 6+ where the image on the page up key was the page down image.
- Fixed an issue where a bluetooth keyboard was not immediately connected when Prompt came out of the background.
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard accessory keys jumped to a different group on iPad if the device was rotated slightly but the orientation did not change.
- Oct 29, 2014
- Added a settings option to trigger another import of data from Prompt 1
- Added a settings option to disallow custom keyboards in Prompt
- Added improved clips management in settings so you can edit clips for all servers without having to be connected.
- Added the ability to move a clip between global and server clips
- Panic Sync has been moved to Settings
- Panic Sync Settings view UI has been improved
- Fixed a crash involving multi-byte characters
- Fixed the swiping from left to go back behavior on iPhone outside of the terminal view
- Various localization fixes
- Minor emulation fixes
- Oct 18, 2014
- Added the ability to copy private keys
- Made a pretty “About Prompt" screen
- The list of keys is now sorted alphabetically by name
- Sync is now deauthorized after exceeding failed passcode limit
- Switch connection view to Quick Connect when active server deleted
- Fixed a possible crash when using Agent Forwarding
- Fixed an issue where the clear command triggered odd scrolling behavior
- Fixed an issue where updating a key name did not sync the new name
- Creating sync account with mismatched passwords now displays the appropriate error message
- Fixed the unreliable ‘Reset Autocomplete Data' button on iPad
- Fixed a text rendering issue on embedded devices
- Fixed an issue where connecting in landscape and rotating to portrait subverted fullscreen
- Fixed an issue where rotating iPad to portrait after dismissing keyboard clips terminal area
- Fixed an issue where server created while logged out of sync was never synced
- Fixed an issue whereSoft F8 and F16 keyboards didn’t emit code on half of the buttons
- Fixed an issue where Sync locks server items
- Fixed an issue where swiping to switch connections led to a crash
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard disappeared after orientation change
- Fixed an issue where a white view could get pushed when connecting to invalid ip
- Fixed an issue where the new iphone 6 landscape arrow keys didn’t work
- Fixed an issue where Agent Forwarding didn’t use keys that weren’t associated with any server
- Fixed an issue where Panic Sync login view didn’t limit account passwords to 8 or more characters
- Disabled Connect button text color adjusted
- Made folder selection table grouped
- Moved “Done” Button in Settings to top right
- Fixed an issue where there was an all black screen after connecting and locking/unlocking
- Fixed an issue where iPhone 6+ Server Settings
- Fixed layout problems in Sync modal on iPhone 6 Plus landscape
- Fixed an issue where having your finger on the touch id button when launching the app caused the app to freeze if touch id was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where if the output was on last line, “clear” didn’t scroll
- Fixed an issue where swipe to delete was not enabled in the Keys table