In addition to executing commands and scripts locally, Custom Tasks also work with any SSH servers you’ve created in Nova.
Creating a Server
If you haven’t already created an SSH server, do so now:
- Open Preferences > Servers
- Click the in the lower left corner to create a new server
- Set the protocol to SSH/SFTP and enter the appropriate credentials
Creating a Remote Task
Remote tasks are almost identical to local tasks, and are configured in the same way.
- Open Project Settings (under the Project menu)
- Click the button next to Build & Run in the sidebar
- Choose Custom Task
Next, open the Where menu and choose your SSH server name. Now we can define a shell script (or any other supported script language) to be executed remotely:
Now you’re ready to start creating and running your own local and remote tasks.
As you explore Nova’s tasks feature, we’d love to hear about how you’re using it, and any thoughts you might have about how we can make it even more powerful.
- Part 2: Taskifying NPM Scripts