A small number of players have reported that they are unable to continue their saved game because “Continue” and “Load Game” are either grayed out/unselectable or are non-responsive when selected.
We’re hopeful that our September 2016 patch addresses and resolves this issue. However, if you’re still experiencing it, please try the following:
Do a full power cycle
- Hold down the PS button in the middle of the controller until the Quick Menu appears
- Scroll to the Power option on that menu
- Select “Turn off PS4”
- Wait for your console to turn off (the power indicator light on the console may take some time before it shuts off completely)
- Once the indicator light has turned off, press the power button on your console
- Your PlayStation 4 will restart
Rebuild your console’s database:
- Power off your console, using either the power button or by removing the power source.
- Turn on the PS4 into Safe mode: Press and Hold down the power button on the front of the PS4, until the console beeps twice (once immediately, then another after a few seconds of holding); connect your Dual Shock remote via USB cable; press the PS button on the controller to pair devices. Your console is now in Safe Mode.
- Select option “5. Rebuild Database” and press X
- “The database will be rebuilt, it might take a few hours to rebuild the database” will be displayed, Select OK.
- The screen will go blank whilst the Database is being rebuilt and this could take a few hours depending on the amount of saved content.
- When the Rebuild has finished the console will return to the sign in screen.
Go into Settings < Application Saved Data Management < Saved Data in Online Storage < Download to System Storage < Firewatch. Rolling back to an earlier save may resolve the issue.