- Fix a threading crash that can occur for some users on load screens.
- Fix a framerate drop when examining most objects.
- Display version number on the settings screen (currently 1.09)
- [Windows] Native support for Dualshock 4 controllers on Windows.
- Better performance and threading on all platforms.
- Japanese language subtitles have been added.
- Miscellaneous fixes for all subtitle languages.
- Fixed issue where the mouse cursor would flicker or, on some OpenGL machines, would cause the mouselook to break entirely when loading a game.
- Removed unintended dialog from Free Roam.
- The “Bee Plot” achievement can now be unlocked in any mode or any day when you are stung by a bee.
- Free Roam Mode added
- Fixed issue where latest drivers for Xbox One controllers on Windows 10 had non-functional DPad input
- Fixed issue where some Macs without a dedicated GPU were crashing at the end of the intro.
- Fixed issue where some users would be unable to interact with the radio or Delilah at the start of days
- Addressed several places where users could become stuck in world geometry
- Optimizations to SSAO
- Fixed broken lighting in Intro
- UI textures have been redone to better support resolutions above 1080p
- Fixed crash that could occur when venturing to the top of Bear Tooth Point in Audio Tour
Windows & Linux
- Added a new game mode: The Firewatch Audio Tour.
- Added ““Minimum HUD”” mode, hides reticule and tooltips.
- Fixed a handful of bugs where player could fall through the world.
- Upgraded the engine from Unity 5.2 to Unity 5.4 for a multitude of performance and multi-platform benefits.
- Miscellaneous world art improvements and bug fixes.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- All fixes from Windows & Mac
- Addressed issue where some macs would boot to an entirely black screen but would still play audio.
- Added Windowed Mode support.
- The OpenGL renderer now uses multi-threading which should bring a significant speed boost especially on dedicated GPUs.
This article was last updated on December 12, 2018